Kathleen’s love story in her own words.
“Jaron and I first knew of each other in high school but never spoke until some years after graduating. Jaron remembers a lot more about me than I do of him; I guess he has a better memory. It was some time after high school that we actually met up, got to know each other and then decided to become a couple. We had a lot of similar interests ranging from tastes in restaurants to TV shows and travelling. I fell in love with his smile, laugh, kindness and beautiful eyes. Not to mention his patience and ability to go with the flow such as when I would randomly decide that we were going for a very early morning drive to walk on the beach at sunrise or drive to the other side of town to try some new dessert I had heard of. He would always just roll his eyes and say ‘okay.’
In January 2012, we were on a holiday at Mooloolaba and went for a walk on the beach. This is where Jaron proposed to me. He told me later on that he wanted the proposal to be a surprise and what better way to surprise me than on a holiday I had planned myself, and was therefore completely unaware of what was going to happen.
We set our wedding date for June 28, 2014, a two and a half year engagement. We planned all the details ourselves, met with a number of vendors and narrowed down all suppliers that we felt could properly understand what we envisaged for our wedding day.
We had our engagement shoot with Krista in December 2013 at the Roma St Parklands. From the resulting photos of that shoot we knew we had made a good investment with the photographer we had chosen.
After all the time spent planning and stressing over every detail, the wedding day went so very quickly and now we look forward to sitting down and relaxing while looking through our wonderfully captured memories.”
Jaron and Kathleen really appreciated all the suppliers who helped their wedding day run without a hitch and we have made a list for you to share.
– Florist: Green & Bloom
– Hair and makeup: Hollywood Brides
– Cake: Carol Van De Ven (family member of one of my bridesmaids)
– Suits: We had made when we went to Thailand – Tony Silom
– Catholic Priest: Father Morgan Batt
– Wedding stationary: Red Nell
– My Shoes: The Victorian Garden (ETSY)
– Purse: SolBijou (ETSY)
– Jewellery and hair piece (Bride): Miss Martini
– Guys cufflinks: Benjamin Cufflinks
– Jarons cufflinks: David Jones
– Pre-wedding night accommodation: Story Apartments
– Steaming service: Crease free
– Cars: Kenz Classics
– MC and DJ: John Boyle
– Bridesmaid dresses: LuckyWeddingGowns
– Mother of the Bride dress: David Jones
Photography by Krista from TWK Studio
assisted by Angela